A monthly occurrence of the GT Observatory's Public Night open to all who are interested in viewing celestial objects through our many telescopes here on campus. We are always located in the Seven Bridges Plaza courtyard between Howey and Mason on the dedicated nights. The 2023-2024 schedule along with objects of interest can be found, here.
Please note that Public Nights are contingent on clear weather.
Potential closures and driving directions are posted to: astronomy.gatech.edu
Fall 2023 Semester
- September 21 - 8:00 to 10:00 p.m. - Moon, Saturn
- October 26 - 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. - Moon, Saturn
- November 16 - 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. - Saturn, Jupiter
Spring 2024 Semester
- January 18 - 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. - Moon, Jupiter, Orion Nebula
- February 15 - 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. - Moon, Jupiter, Orion Nebula
- March 14 - 8:00 to 10:00 p.m. - Moon, Jupiter, Orion Nebula
- April 18 - 8:30 to 10:30 p.m. - Moon, Orion Nebula
Date:Thursday, February 15, 2024 - 6:30pm to 8:30pm
Seven Bridges Plaza Between Howey and Mason, 837 State St, Atlanta, GA